Tuesday

The swamp rats of Tatooine

I went to a party a while back. They had lost the labels for the two kegs. No one could tell which beer was which. I told them to step aside, I was unemployed. Two sips and I solved the mystery. The one on the right was Landshark, the left was Fat Tire. Should I consider quitting - Hell No! Just cutting back. I had been spending over $100 a week for booze. This is the fourth day in row that I have been sober. Honestly it sucks. How do you people do it? My plan is to drink only 2 days a week instead of 4 or 5. And I can only get fucked up once during the "work" week. Further, I can only drink good beer or liquor on one of those days. On the other day, its Icehouse road quarts in the can.

I just read over that last paragraph. The problem may be worse than I initially feared.

But there is hope! The rebel fighters have penetrated the Death Star's outer defenses. Several have begun their attack run; the two meter exhaust port is in sight. Which made me think. Luke used to bullseye swamp rats in his T16 back home on Tatooine. Now, Tatooine is a planet that is entirely desert. So where exactly in the desert does one find "swamp" rats?

Further, shouldn't Luke's propensity to slaughter innocent animals for sport, factored into Yoda's decision to train him in the Jedi arts? Too old and reckless my ass! The boy has no patience or respect for living creatures. Hell, even his old Pa, Ani-boy, did not kill for sport. He slaughtered the Sand People in revenge for happened to his Ma. He did not put out 'Sand People bait' and crawl up in his T16 and wait for the unsuspecting bastards. Then stuff a couple of them and hang them above Padme's fireplace

No comments:

Post a Comment